Monday, July 17, 2006

One more time: Green is no friend of vets

One more time: No matter how he tries to twist his record, Rep. Mark Green is no friend of veterans.

A five-day veteran of the armed forces himself, he's been a huge cheerleader for the Iraq war but hasn't been there to support the troops.

His voting record is bad enough, but lately he's missed a whole series of votes on veterans issues because he has been back in Wisconsin, raising money for his campaign for governor.

Green's trotting out some veterans who always support Republicans as evidence that he has support from vets.

With his record, Green has a lot of nerve to even make the claim.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger xoff said...

Listen up, people!

I have just deleted eight comments in the escalating and worthless war between Gary Fisher and his army of detractors.

I don't know Fisher or any of the other combatants. I don't know John Scocos, the state veterans secretary, either.

I do know this: That every time Fisher posts one of his attacks on Scocos it provokes some vicious personal attacks on Fisher in return. He then responds with more attacks on Scocos and his staff.

This blog is not the place for that debate.

I have suggested to Fisher more than once that he start his own blog as an outlet for his grievances. I make that suggestion again.

I don't know what the rest of you anonymous character assassins will do with your time, but you'll have to find another outlet, too.

I will no longer be accepting comments from Gary Fisher.

I don't like censoring anyone, no matter what their views. But I don't have time or the inclination to monitor the kind of nastiness his comments seem to engender.

Semper fi,

Xoff

 

<< Home