Thursday, September 28, 2006

Going after the goo-goos

I've certainly had my complaints about the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign and Common Cause, the "good government" groups, or goo-goos, that seem to find an ulterior motive for every dollar anyone contributes to a candidate.

I've voiced some of those complaints on this blog.

Mike McCabe of WDC has been willing to pile on Gov. Jim Doyle whenever the news media have wanted a quote. The goo-goos have had more than their allotted 15 minutes of fame this year.

I've often thought they were misguided, or at least overzealous. But I've never complained that they are partisan, picking on Democrats. They pick on everyone.

The Republican Party disagrees. In an ill-advised release today, the Rs accuse the Democracy Campaign of being Doyle dupes. It calls WDC "puppets of the Doyle campaign."

The WDC, you see, filed the complaint with the State Elections Board about Green's illegal $467,000 in special interest PAC money, and now has filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission. Doyle and the Democrats, in this case, are happy to see WDC challenge Green.

That, according to the Rs, means WDC is "doing the bidding of the Doyle campaign."

Somehow, I don't think that will play very well, at least with anyone who's been paying attention.

3 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger atarijpb said...

So - following your "illegal" logic, then candidate Gore's pursuit of the 2000 Presidential race was totally legitimate?

Just chacking - you have got to be kidding me. There are plenty of people who would love to discuss Green's tired rhetoric on "The budget, education, the environment, healthcare, security, just to name a few." Green is running from that.

I'm still waiting for your answer about how Green is representing us by accepting $100,000 from the relators. Again - with this proviso - you cannot bring Doyle into the argument. Good luck!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger atarijpb said...

Mike -

http://www.dccc.org/gopauctionhouse/members/MarkGreenWI-8.html
* Rep. Green voted against bipartisan reform of the Endangered Species Act.
* Rep. Green voted for a massive sell off of public lands to mining interests.

This blog
http://www.wisopinion.com/blogs/2005/04/mark-green-environmental-phony.html
*Too bad Green doesn't have the same concerns about drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. There was a straight up-and-down vote on an amendment to take out the language that allows the Arctic drilling to proceed...Mark Green and Paul Ryan voted to allow it.

http://www.issues2000.org/House/Mark_Green.htm
* Voted NO on barring website promoting Yucca Mountain nuclear waste dump. (May 2006)
* Voted YES on deauthorizing "critical habitat" for endangered species. (Sep 2005)
* Voted YES on speeding up approval of forest thinning projects. (Nov 2003)
* Rated 35% by the LCV, indicating a mixed record on environment. (Dec 2003)

It took me five minutes to do this. I can cite more if you like. The only good idea he has is to split the DNR, but that has been proposed before on both sides of the aisle.

Oh, one other thing - I think George Roberts stated it more eloquently than I could, but here's my take - I've never heard anyone discussing the benevolence or philanthropy of realtors. I don't think they are "paying it forward." Maybe they are doing something for you, but I don't see it.

You want an issue - explain this:

Voted YES on banning gay adoptions in DC. (Jul 1999)

So Gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt. Your court.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger atarijpb said...

Mike -

Great! Mission accomplished :-)!

You may have noticed (if you actully read what I posted) that I can cite more things if you would like. That was just the tip of the iceberg.

And, once again - I'm still waiting for you to defend what I asked about!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home