Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Vigils Wednesday support Cindy Sheehan

Hundreds of vigils are being held across the country at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in support of Cindy Sheehan, the Gold Star mother who lost a son in Iraq and who has been trying to get an audience with President Bush.

I was going to list some of the local vigils, but Eye on Wisconsin beat me to it, so rather than duplicate effort I'll just steer you there.

The site also has a report on an incident last night at Camp Casey, where a pickup truck driver destroyed most of the crosses in a memorial to U.S. war dead in Iraq. Disturbing.

6 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger XOut said...

Yeah – I will have a vigil too. It’s so sad – this poor woman isn’t being given a second opportunity to visit the President.

I haven’t had my chance yet either and I want every person in this country to hear me whine about it too.

Cindy needs some help from the pharmaceutical manufactures.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger XOut said...

And the only thing disturbing thing about “Camp Casey” is that it even exists. What a pathetic example of feigned sympathy. If you care about America’s heroes who died in combat that do something truly meaningful – visit a REAL veteran’s cemetery where the REAL soldiers remains have been laid to rest.

“Camp Casey” is just sickening.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger xoff said...

xout -- why do you torture yourself reading this liberal drivel from me, when you could be reading some right-wing site that would make you feel good, instead of vitriolic?

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger XOut said...

I tried that - look what I found:

Why Cindy Sheehan is Right!
By David Duke

http://www.davidduke.com/index_print.php?p=350

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger XOut said...

Where is your compassion? This woman needs psychiatric care. Nobody fears the woman – we pity her.

It is disgusting that your side takes her on as a kind of mascot. Look how far you have fallen. From Howard Dean to Cindy Sheehan, that’s pretty bad.

We all have faced the loss of loved ones. Most of us will never sink to this level though.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I wonder if her son is rolling in his grave, since he re-enlisted in the Army after his first tour in Iraq, knowing full well he'd go back.

C.S. I hope your mother gets better, and you get off my tv.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home