Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Bucher gets less than brilliant review

No one's paying me to watch Repub AG hopefuls Paul Bucher and J.B. Van Hollen debate, and I am not such a masochist that I would do it for free. So I will have to take Dennis York at his word when he says that Bucher came off as a snarling meanie in their recent WisPolitics debate. York calls him the Prince of Darkness. I thought that might be a term of endearment among conservatives, but I am told it is not a compliment.

You can watch the webcast yourself, but I would be inclined to take York's word for it. Bucher's wife, Jessica McBride, publicly said on her blog recently that York is brilliant.

Another McBride-Bucher note: McBride writes about how her media celebrity, such as it is, seems not to extend beyond the limits of the Milwaukee media market. When she travels beyond that with Bucher on the campaign trail, people haven't heard of her. What she doesn't say -- but what is equally true -- is that once you get away from the Milwaukee market they haven't heard of Bucher, either. That's a bigger problem for him, because he is running for statewide office, while she's just looking for attention.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger grumps said...

I'd give her more attention if she opened her blog to comments. There are too many good blogs on both sides of the issues that are open to interplay of ideas to spend much time on one that merely preaches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home