Friday, December 23, 2005

Crackdown on Capitol bloggers?

Is there a crackdown on anonymous blogs being written by Capitol staffers?

I Am The Force (whoever that is), thinks so.

One of the casualties, The Force says, is Capitol Curmudgeon, who had just started to write for a promising new blog. The perspective was conservative, but legislative Republicans were often the target.

The Curmudgeon's last post was Dec. 15. Another contributor has posted since then, but not the same kind of biting content.

The lesson? If you're going to be anonymous, don't tell anyone -- especially your boss in the Capitol.

NOTE:
I know I have said that if I ever start blogging about blogging someone should shoot me, but this post does not qualify.

UPDATE: I'm told that this post, "Assembly Late Night," on Playground Politics, which is also written by an anonymous Capitol insider/staffer, had the GOP Assembly caucus going bonkers, with calls for the staffer's head. The blog still seems to be in business, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home