Tuesday, February 21, 2006

'I guess I have to say that I don't know how I do it'

A reader asks:

What’s with all the “I” talk coming from Scott Walker's campaign manager, Bruce Pfaff?

From Spivak & Bice:

Bruce Pfaff, Walker's campaign chief, said that until smart-aleck reporters called Wednesday, he didn't give the Saturday hunt, which Walker will attend, a second thought.

"I'm worried about getting money in the door and having enough to fund the game plan to defeat Mark Green and Jim Doyle," Pfaff said, referring to Walker's GOP primary opponent and the incumbent Democratic governor. "Humor doesn't come into it much in our days."

From the Capital Times:

Despite last weekend's hunting accident involving Vice President Dick Cheney, Republican gubernatorial candidate Scott Walker will go ahead with a $500-per-person pheasant hunt fundraiser on Saturday.

"I just can't cancel an event that's had invitations out for three weeks," said Walker's campaign manager Bruce Pfaff. "I need money in the bank, no matter whether I do it this weekend or a month from now."

Another Cap Times story:

Pfaff refused to confirm information about the event because "I am concerned about opponents learning details," he said.

He did say that Walker "usually" attends his fundraisers, and that the halftime event in a suite probably consisted of just stopping by to see a supporter.

Pfaff would not say who the supporter was or who leased that suite.

"My job is to raise money and report what I'm required to and beat my opponents," he said.
A very good question. When a campaign manager starts to talk about himself, instead of the campaign or the candidate, or even saying "we" instead of "I," it is usually a bad sign. Something bad is happening internally -- in the Walker campaign or in the manager's head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home