Thursday, February 09, 2006

No surprise

Jessica McBride on WTMJ, Republican Radio? A match made in heaven.

Several e-mailers have asked whether it is appropriate for her to host a political show, since her husband is a candidate for attorney general.

Let me assure you that it is not a problem. In 1994, when Jeff Wagner ran for AG against Jim Doyle, the station frequently used Wagner himself as a guest host for Sykes. They have no principles.

Like her no-comment blog, it's a safe venue. Her screener will eliminate anyone who disagrees with her, or who might make her look silly.

Just one question: Did they have to pay her?

UPDATE: Wagner says it's not true. An e-mail from Jeff Wagner:

Somebody has called my attention to your latest posting. Please be advised that your claim that I filled in for Charlie Sykes on WTMJ while I was running for Attorney General in 1994 is false. I did not start filling in as a talk show host until the summer of 1995 (and then it was at WISN, not WTMJ). I did not begin hosting a talk show on WTMJ until the summer of 1998 (when I did begin filling in for Charlie while he was writing a book). Since you were intimately involved in Doyle's campaign in 1994, I am surprised that you would make such a patently false assertion in an effort to attack WTMJ Radio. Please retract your false claim. Jeff
OK, I could be wrong. Maybe what I remember is defeated AG candidate Jeff Wagner filling in for Sykes in 1998, when Doyle was again running for AG, and bashing Doyle every day. That may be slightly more ethical, I guess, but it still stinks. (Note to Sykes: Every mistake isn't necessarily a "lie."

UPDATE: Sykes posted at 3:55 p.m. that I was wrong, and asked how long it would take me to correct it. I received an e-mail from Wagner at 3:56 p.m. and corrected it at 3:58. How long will it take for Sykes to acknowledge that?

3 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger xoff said...

How can it be about ratings when Milwaukee, city and county, vote overwhelmingly for Democrats?

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger xoff said...

DeeDub: I guess someone of your political persuasion has not experienced being screened out. I have, and so have many non-crazy, rational people I know who happen to disagree with Sykes or Wagner.

If you listen, you would think that 90% of the listeners agree with them. Ever wonder about that?

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger xoff said...

My "whining" certainly has made a regular reader out of you, Robin. You post more here than on your own blog. How's that audience coming?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home