Friday, June 09, 2006

The Lautenschlager-Falk difference

I always say that campaigns are about drawing distinctions between candidates.

We've all been waiting to hear the differences between the Democratic candidates for attorney general, and now Peg Lautenschlager has finally drawn the distinction between herself and Kathleen Falk:

Lautenschlager has been a Dem Party member longer.

And you thought we weren't going to have a substantive debate at the state convention in LaCrosse this weekend? The only people who would care if you ever belonged to the party will be there, and voting in a straw poll, which is the only possible explanation for Lautenschlager's petty attack.

Elsewhere, voters might think that being a non-member shows you have good sense. I don't think I'd put it in a television ad. (Free advice to Peg.)

I hope Peg didn't spend a lot of money on that opposition research package, if that is all it produced.

If you don't see me in LaCrosse Friday night, start the convention without me.

5 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger TPDN said...

It's good that you're not going. Since the Zarqawi news will make it a rather somber affair.

I know how your team prefers the Iraq news to be bad.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Dave Diamond said...

If you think Democrats were cheering Zarqawi on, your worldview is truly warped, like Ann Coulter-warped.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger TPDN said...

Oh, that's right, you guys have been rooting for success in Iraq. I'll have to back and check the posts on that one.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger xoff said...

I could vote for either Peg or Kathleen before either of the wingnuts running in the GOP. I just don't believe Peg can win the general election. The Dem Party "establishment" at the state convention just picked Peg in the straw poll. The question isn't who you'll vote for Nate, it's who can win the election. If Peg wins the primary I'll vote for her, as I did last time. Will you say the same about Falk?

Nate, you would have been among te first to scream bloody murder if Doyle had tried to replace Barbara Lawton with Kathleen Falk for LG. Let's be honest.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger TPDN said...

Liberal Nate just admitted that he's glad we haven't captured Bin Laden. You America-hating freaks are such liars.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home