Wednesday, May 18, 2005

"Don't bitch, don't moan" on base closings


Posted by Hello A preview of the Pres' Milwaukee speech on Thursday?

ADDRESSING MILITARY PERSONNEL HURT BY BASE CLOSINGS, PRESIDENT BUSH ANNOUNCES COMPASSIONATE NEW "DON'T BITCH, DON'T MOAN" POLICY

Statement by the President

THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon. Today, the White House switchboard has been lit up hotter than a Baghdad police station ever since news got out about me and Rummy gearing up to shut down 33 military bases.

I know this comes as a big surprise to a lot of folks, what with my re-election campaign having been choreographed to make me look as military-loving as a naked Okinawa hooker spread-eagle on a futon. Yet here we are. Which is why it's real important to me that folks don't ask any follow-up questions when I say, "Don't worry. Everything is going to be OK." Read it all at whitehouse.org.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home