Sunday, July 17, 2005

Matt Cooper: What I told the grand jury

Time reporter Matt Cooper, who narrowly escaped going to jail to protect his source, Karl Rove, writes in the new issue of the magazine about what he told the grand jury.

"Patrick Fitzgerald, the special counsel, told me that he would prefer that I not discuss the matter, and I suspect he said the same thing to White House officials who are now treating his request as a command and refusing to comment on the case. I don't know if I can illuminate this confounding investigation, but I can at least explain my small part in it. Like the blindfolded man and the elephant, all I know is what seems to be in front of me," Cooper writes.

"Was it through my conversation with Rove that I learned for the first time that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA and may have been responsible for sending him? Yes. Did Rove say that she worked at the "agency" on "WMD"? Yes."

Read it here.

2 Comments:

At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rove will survive... Walker on the other hand - that's another question.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger nosefornews said...

Did you see Matt Cooper, Ken Mehlman, John Podesta, and Woodstein on Meet the Press yesterday? Who needs the British Open, the Tour de France or even Ali-Frazier. The sage who said politics is a blood sport nailed it. Pull up a chair and pop open a cold one. This summer looks like it may get interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home