Monday, December 05, 2005

No endorsement? No disclosure

An opinion piece on WisOpinion (suitably enough) by Barbara Boxer praises the genius of Scott Walker on the gas tax issue, concluding that:

That has strategists recognizing Walker as showing the type of leadership the Republicans have desperately needed and haven't had since Tommy Thompson.

-- Boxer is a Democratic activist and Milwaukee attorney. She hasn't endorsed any gubernatorial candidate at this time.
Technically, she may not have "endorsed" anyone yet, but, as I pointed out in a recent post, she is raising money for Scott Walker, and some say she has promised to raise him $250,000. That hardly makes her a "Democratic activist." It makes her a former Democrat.

Just for the record, I haven't "endorsed" anyone for governor yet, either. But I'm not pretending to be a neutral observer. Anyone who's paying attention knows I'm for Jim Doyle. And I don't call myself a Republican activist.

I should add that Charlie Sykes is just as dishonest when he represents Boxer, I'm told, as a "Dem Activist" on his Sunday television show's panel. She's the only Dem activist I know who is attacking the Governor on medical malpractice caps and supporting Scott Walker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home