Friday, January 13, 2006

Milwaukee: The new 'it' city

Maisonneuve magazine has been described -- not by me -- as the new New Yorker for younger people, I'm told (by the magazine itself). It is somewhat self-consciously cool.

So why on earth would I be reading it? Well, I'm not, but a younger, cooler person tipped me off to an article saying that the next new hot spot for indie music is going to be -- Milwaukee. It has some very positive things to say about the city.

Since there's been some back and forth this week about whether the city is dying and decaying or actually the garden and culture spot of the Midwest, this seemed relevant.

By the way, the guy who started the debate appears to have surrendered.

1 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger James Wigderson said...

Does it mention the decorative yellow tape?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home