Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Closing the Xoff Files -- A final word

This will be the final word on The Xoff Files.

What more appropriate time than Election Day to pull the plug?

When I started writing for this enterprise in March 2005, I barely knew what a blogger was. Next thing I knew, I were one.

Now, Blogger says I've posted 3,380 items. The counter says there have been 375,000 visits to this blog since we turned it on last May. A drop in the ocean.

I once wrote that if I ever blogged about blogging someone should just shoot me. But hold your fire; this is the exception.

To me, a blog is a tool, a means to an end, not a way of life. My identity has never been as a blogger. I decided to do it as a way to have a little more of a voice, and maybe a little more influence, on this election. I hope, in some small way, that I have helped to get a progressive Democratic message out, have had a little impact on the news media and its coverage, and have held the right wing talkers and bloggers just a little more accountable.

Now it's Election Day. I'm always cautious about predicting any results -- because I've been wrong so many times -- but I think today is going to be a good day to be a Democrat.

In any case, my hitch in the blogger corps is up, and I am not reenlisting.

I'm hoping I can be rehabilitated and lead a productive life.

I'm turning off the comments button on this one.

Thanks for visiting.

0 Comments:

<< Home