Wednesday, April 19, 2006

From our files

October 18, 2002

To my friends, supporters, and constituents:

Let me assure you, I have not broken the trust you have placed in me. These charges are not true. I intend to prove my innocence and fight for our honor.

I am astonished that the Democrat District Attorney of Dane County has filed charges without even asking me for my side of the story. I am also astonished that the same District Attorney who only one week ago told the press that, “it would be unfair to issue charges or make any announcements very close in time to the election,” has chosen to make this announcement with just over two weeks remaining until Election Day.

I know these charges are untrue and that we have the witnesses to prove it. Sadly, the judicial system will not allow me to clear my name before the election. Therefore, I humbly ask my constituents to let me continue to serve them while I prove my innocence. I hope you will give me the opportunity to prove that your faith in me is well founded.

In this present crisis, I am heartened for the long battle ahead by my faith in God and by the steadfast loyalty of my friends and supporters. I have full confidence that, in the end, justice will be done.

Sincerely,

Scott R. Jensen
Assembly Speaker
VoteJensen.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home