Monday, February 06, 2006

Back in the world

Hello out there.

I'm back, but this may be a gradual re-entry as I get my bearings and see if my work ethic ever returns.

It looks like it was a lively week on The Xoff Files. Thanks to all of those friends who went above and beyond my expectations in posting material. Those guest bloggers managed to be pretty provocative at times, judging from some of the comments. A couple of people even said they missed me, in the spirit of the old country song, "How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?"

After the dust settles, we'll explore whether some of them want to remain as contributors to this blog or perhaps branch out and launch their own. The odds are that one or two of them became addicted during the past week.

I was unplugged from the Internet, television and even newspapers for a week, in a place where no one has ever heard of WTMJ, the Journal Sentinel, or even The Xoff Files. (A few had not even heard of Jessica McBride. Omigod!)

As usual, I returned to find that little had changed. It's kind of like when you don't watch your favorite soap opera for a month. When you tune back in, the story line has moved a little bit, but things are still pretty much the same.

George Bush is still the War President.

Jim Doyle is still the governor.

Scott Jensen still hasn't been convicted and forced out of office.

Concealed weapons are still illegal in Wisconsin.

Mark Graul is still telling whoppers.

And Scott Walker is pretending he wasn't even in the legislature when illegal things were going on.

It appears there is plenty of fodder for a political blog in Wisconsin. Now if I can just get my ambition back, we'll be in business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home